Y Aquatics Could Save a Life!
Aquatics at the Y are designed to teach personal water safety, stroke development, water sports and games, rescue and personal growth skills. Aquatics at the Y are divided by age and by skill levels. Advancing to the next level is dependent on the individual’s completion of required skills. Adult classes and swim programs are also available.
We pride ourselves on our commitment to water safety. Not only will we help assess your child’s swimming abilities, ensuring that your child is placed in an age and level appropriate class, but we insist on lifeguard supervision at all times.
YMCAs have been teaching people to swim for more than a century. In YMCA aquatics programs, children learn to be safe around water and they feel the sense of accomplishment that comes with learning something new. Youth progressive swimming is the YMCA's third most widely offered program nationwide. It uses a problem-solving, guided-discovery teaching approach in a positive, caring environment. Kids can develop lifelong skills that can help them stay healthy.
Other YMCA aquatics programs include infant-parent classes, preschool classes, and classes for teens and adults. These include water exercise and swimming lessons.
Private & Semi-Private Swimming Lessons
Do you need private or semi-private swimming lessons for you or your child? We have qualified instuctors that will be glad to serve your needs. Click here for a request for lessons sheet.
Private Swim Lessons:
Ages 3 years to adult. Student receives four 30 minute lessons with instructor.
Fee: $80 • Member: $60
Ages 3 years to adult. 2-6 students receive four 45-minute lessons with one instructor.
Per student fee: $60 • Member: $40
For more information or questions, contact Ramona Ferguson at 636-931-9622 or email her.
Pool Usage Policies
- Please shower before entering pool.
- Walk when on pool deck.
- Trained lifeguards have final authority when enforcing pool and safety rules.
- Age 5 and under must have adult within arm’s reach in the water.
- Age 6-7 must have adult on deck.
- Safety is our first priority, and we reserve the right to clear the pool for inclement weather.
- We close the pool when lightning is observed and for 30 minutes after its last strike.
- Lap swimming is available for ages 13 and up.
- Lap swim may be limited or unavailable at times.
Please contact Ramona for a schedule of the best time to swim.