A Healthy You Awaits at the Y
Interested in becoming a member? We’d be glad to have you as part of the Y family! Now is the perfect time to join the Y, where we focus on developing the potential of kids, improving individual health and well-being, and supporting our neighbors.
When you join the Y you belong to a place where:
· Families come together to have fun and spend quality time with each other.
· Children and teens play, learn who they are and what they can achieve, and are accepted with open arms.
· Adults connect with friends, pursue interests and learn how to live healthier.
· Parents find a safe, positive environment for children to learn good values, social skills and behaviors.
Tell a Friend, Share the Y!
Do you enjoy the Y? Then why not invite friends or family members to join? You'll feel good that you have motivated them to begin a healthier lifestyle and you’ll both receive a free month of Y membership!
Here’s how it works:
1. As a current Y member, you invite a friend to join by giving him or her a referral form.
2. Your friend brings the referral form when he or she joins.
3. If your friend joins, both of you receive a free month of membership! (See full rules here.)
At the Y, you’re a member of something special: the nation’s leading nonprofit dedicated to youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. We appreciate your continued support of the YMCA.
About our Membership
Because the Y is for everyone, we bring together parents and kids like no other organization. Form family camps to game nights, the Y provides endless opportunities for families to spend quality time together.
With the Y, you're not just a member of a famility, you're part of a cause. With a shared commitment to nurturing the potential of kids, improving health and well-being, and giving back and support our neighbors, your membership give you and your community the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive.
As a full member of South City Family YMCA you will also have full member access to the Carondelet Park Rec Complex located at I-55 and Loughborough in Carondelet Park.
A Metro membership offers access to all 18 facility branches in the YMCA of Greater St. Louis association—you can visit the Y near your work and your home, and everywhere in between!
A Full membership offers access to the facility where you signed up as a member.
As a Full or Metro member of any of our branches, you’re entitled to the following benefits:
- Unlimited access to the entire facility where you signed up as a member. Metro members receive unlimited access to all branches of the YMCA of Greater St. Louis.
- Free Health and Wellness Consultation with a YMCA wellness professional to help guide you in meeting your goals
- Lowest class and program rates
- Earliest class and program registration
- Free program brochures mailed to your home
- YPersonal Fitness —a 12-week, no-cost program to help you map out a fitness plan customized for your needs
- Free towel service (if available)
- Free fitness orientation
- Free Child Watch (link to text under Child Care) service (with household membership -when available)
- Free Family Fun Nights
- Free Branch Link member newsletter
- Open gym time
- Open swim time
- Guest passes for friends and family
- Lowest rates for Personal Training
- Members enjoy the lowest rates at the YMCA Trout Lodge & Camp Lakewood
- A.W.A.Y. privileges (Always Welcome At YMCAs): Use your YMCA card at more than 2,000 YMCAs nationwide. Guest fees and privileges may vary.
Ask your local branch about special rates for single parents and employees of companies in our Corporate Wellness program.
The YMCA accepts payments via a monthly draft from a credit card or checking or savings account. Members may also pay for one year up-front. Rates vary by location. The YMCA also offers financial assistance to those who qualify. Please refer to rate tables below for more details.
Through 17 facility branches in St. Louis City and County, St. Charles, Jefferson, Warren, Lincoln and Franklin counties, Camp Lakewood and Trout Lodge in Washington County, and more than 400 program sites, the YMCA serves more than 700,000 participants with programs that build healthy spirits, minds and bodies. YMCA programs are available to all people. The Y gave $2.38 million back to our communities in direct financial assistance in 2011, including $1.28 million in membership assistance to 5,240 member households.
Financial assistance is available to those who qualify. Financial scholarships are available at all branches thanks to the generous support of those who give to our annual YMCA Strong Community Campaign (link to Strong Community Campaign under Support). Applications for assistance are available at any branch service center or by clicking here.