- Health & Wellness
- LIVESTRONG at the YMCA
Health & Wellness
We’re Here to Help With a Y Personal Trainer!
Every day many people join the YMCA with a high motivation to become healthier but sometimes they need that extra nudge!
Whether it's gaining confidence, losing weight, toning up, building muscles, increasing stamina, or preparing for an event, Y Personal Training will help you reach your fitness goals through personalized training. And we'll help you learn how to stay that way for life.
The Y offers the most experienced and professional personal fitness trainers to its members. Y trainers work with a variety of clientele including athletes, sedentary adults, seniors and teens. Our certified personal trainers can design a personalized training program specifically for you based on your individual profile.
- Revitalize a stale exercise routine with fresh approaches to your workout.
- Break out of your fitness plateau and challenge yourself.
- Reduce the risk of injury by learning proper techniques.
- Stay motivated and committed to your exercise program.
- Provide motivation, encouragement and accountability to your exercise regimen.
We’re improving the nation’s health and well-being; that’s the Y.
If you are looking for a total body work out, step or cardio kick, you’ve come to the right place! The Y offers many classes to enhance muscle strength, endurance and flexibility. Members may choose from Zumba, Bellies, Backs & Bottoms, or Youth Fitness & Friends and work into shape while having the times of their lives! A variety of classes in aerobics and exercise are available. Check the program schedule page and class descriptions.
The YMCA supports healthy lifestyles by reaching out to and engaging all those who seek well-being of spirit, mind and body. We will create and sustain healthier communities by actively engaging our communities and connecting our networks, partners and resources to influence decisions that positively impact health and wellness.
Let us help you achieve your wellness goals. Set up a complimentary fitness consultation with one of our trained staff to help ensure you get the best results! Call 636-931-YMCA(9622) to get started!
Fitness Center Rules and Procedures
- Wear appropriate workout attire.
- Shirts and athletic shoes are required.
- No jeans, sandals or open heeled shoes. Wet, muddy or snow-covered shoes will damage equipment.
- Shorts and shirts should be appropriate length.
- Workout bras should be covered with a shirt.
- When completing multiple sets, allow others to work in.
- Do not sit or rest on the equipment between sets.
- Use a towel to wipe perspiration from the equipment.
- Return weights, benches, mats and other equipment to its proper place.
- Do not drop weights as this causes damage to the suspended floor and equipment.
- Please use collar at all times in the free weight area.
- Store personal items in the locker room. The YMCA is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- No food or beverage allowed in the fitness center other than bottled water.
- Children under the age of 13 are not allowed in the fitness center at any time.
- Members between the ages of 13 and 15 must fully complete the fitness center orientation before being allowed to freely use the free-weight area.
- Appropriate language and behavior is expected.
- The fitness center staff has the right to ask anyone to leave if their conduct, age or attire is not in compliance with YMCA policies and values.