- Y Swim Team
Adult Swim Lessons
Patient instruction is provided for non-swimming adults with an emphasis on basic swim skills and personal safety skills.
Enjoy the benefits of this mild to medium cardio workout using the properties of water held in the shallow section of the pool.
Click here for a current list of youth swim classes.
National YMCA Aquatics programs are designed to teach personal water safety, stroke development, water sports & games, rescue and personal growth skills to children. Our program is divided by age and by skill levels. Advancing to the next level is dependent on the child's completion of required skills. Children learn at their own pace. Session length does not guarantee that all children will advance to the next level. All instructors are trained to work with children. A minimum number of students must be registered for the class to take place. Early registration is encouraged.
Small Group Lessons
Must be at least four years old. Do the times we offer not fit your schedule? We will work around it! Up to three participants receive five 30-minute lessons per session. Email Marco Kramer in the Aquatics department for more information or give him a call 314-644-3100.
Ages 4 through adult. Receive six 30-minute lessons per session.
Ages 4 through adult. Two participants receive six 30-minute lessons per session.
Both participants must be full members.
Register online now for YMCA programs and classes
Pool Usage Policies
1. No food, drink or glass containers are allowed on the pool deck.
2. Please keep off the lane ropes.
3. Please take a soap and water shower before entering pool area.
4. Children under 8 yrs. old must be with an adult at all times.
5. All swimmers must be 48 inches tall to go down slide.
6. No running, pushing or rough play.
7. Lifeguard has final authority.
8. All swimmers must exit the pool immediately when indicated by the lifeguard.
9. When more than two people are in a lane, please swim on the right side of the lane, counterclockwise (circle swim).
10. No diving from the deck.
11. Walk at all times while on the pool deck.
12. No excessive breath-holding or underwater swimming is allowed.
13. Follow posted lap swimming etiquette at all times.
14. All swimmers must be prepared to take a deep water test.
Carondelet Park Outdoor Pool Membership
Outdoor Pool Features
- 3 lap lanes
- Recreational swimming area with beach-like entry
- Zero-depth splash pad
- Pre-school splash park with slides
- Lazy river & vortex
- 2.5 story waterslide
- Concession stand run by Urban Eats - Parkside!
Outdoor Pool Membership
The annual outdoor pool add-on fee is paid once per summer and gives access to the Outdoor Water Park for the entire summer. Members who have facility access to the Carondelet Park Rec Complex will qualify for the Annual Facility Member Rate. This includes members that join at the Rec Complex, South City Family YMCA or any YMCA Metro member.
See the attachment below for a downloadable Summer Membership Guide for rates.
Members of the Outdoor Pool may bring a maximum of 5 guests with him or her on any given visit. There is no limit to how many times a guest may visit the pool throughout the summer, but they must be accompanied by an Outdoor Pool member. Guests of Outdoor Pool members will pay a daily guest fee:
- $5 per child through age 12
- $10 per adult, up to $25 for a household per visit.
Re-Entry, Weather & Raincheck Policy
Outdoor Pool members may re-enter the pool using their membership card. Guests will need to present their receipt with their photo ID to the service desk for same-day re-entry.
The Outdoor Pool will be closed when lightning or thunder is known to be within a 30 mile radius. The pool will reopen 30 minutes after the last strike or sound.
Guests who entered the pool within 1 hour of a weather closing may return another day on a rain check. Guests must have their receipt signed and dated by the service desk before leaving and return with the receipt on the next visit.
The Outdoor Pool will open Memorial Day - Labor Day weekend.
Sunday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm