In an effort to assure the safety and welfare of all participants at the YMCA, we are obligated to request all members and their guests to follow our standard YMCA Code of Conduct. The purpose is to ensure the highest respect and courtesy toward one another, as well as to guarantee the proper use, maintenance, and care of YMCA property and equipment. It is expected that all members and guests will conform to these rules and regulations, and comply with our basic character traits of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith, or jeopardize their membership privileges and/or status.
* Inappropriate behavior of a physical or sexual nature including lewd behavior, inappropriate dress, excessive nudity, and/or unwanted advances within any area of the YMCA is strictly prohibited and will result in immediate and permanent suspension, termination of privileges and/or arrest.
* Verbal abuse, swearing, profanity, fighting, and arguing are not acceptable and are considered inappropriate behavior at the YMCA. Violators will be subject to suspension, termination of privileges and/or arrest.
* Lack of respect to staff or other members is not acceptable and will result in suspension and/or termination of membership privileges.
* Harassment including verbal, physical, or sexual is unlawful and prohibited. It is a serious act of misconduct and is subject to disciplinary action including immediate and permanent suspension and termination of privileges. This unlawful discrimination includes harassment by/of members, staff, supervisors, volunteers and vendors of the YMCA.
* Smoking or drinking alcoholic beverages on the YMCA property or at any YMCA activity is not accepted or tolerated. Smoking and drinking is strictly prohibited.
* Use of illegal drugs or substances is not acceptable and is prohibited. Possession of unauthorized firearms or other weapons is prohibited. The use or possession of such items will warrant immediate and permanent suspension.
* Removal or destruction of YMCA property or the property of someone else without his or her prior consent constitutes theft of property and will result in immediate and permanent suspension and prosecution.
* Unauthorized entrance into the facility by way of illegal use of a pass, sneaking in, refusing to present photo ID upon entry, aiding and abetting, is strictly prohibited. Any violation will result in immediate disciplinary action, including suspension, ejection and/or arrest for trespassing.
Please report any violation of this code of conduct to your YMCA Professional Staff.
View our Membership Policies.