You Can Swim All Year Long at the Y!
YMCAs have been teaching people to swim for more than a century. In YMCA aquatics programs, children learn to be safe around water and they feel the sense of accomplishment that comes with learning something new. Aquatics at the Y are designed to teach personal water safety, stroke development, water sports and games, rescue and personal growth skills. Classes are divided by age and by skill levels. Advancing to the next level is dependent on the individual’s completion of required skills. If needed, we will assess your child’s swimming abilities, ensuring that your child is placed in an age and level appropriate class. Adult classes and swim programs are also available.
Other YMCA aquatics programs include infant-parent classes, preschool classes, classes for people with disabilities and classes for teens and adults. These include water exercise classes and water sports, including synchronized swimming and even SCUBA. Competitive programs are also available for youth.
Pool Usage Policies
We ask our members to program participants to follow these courtesies for the safety and enjoyment of all:
- Please shower before entering pool. Walk when on pool deck.
- Trained lifeguards have final authority when enforcing pool and safety rules.
- Children under the age of 8 must have adult within arm’s reach in the water.
- Age 8-12 must have adult drop off/pick them up from pool deck and adult must remain in facility.
- Safety is our first priority, and we reserve the right to clear the pool for inclement weather. We close the pool when lightning is overhead and for 30 minutes after its last strike.
- Lap swimming is available for ages 13 and up and swim team members. Lap swim may be limited or unavailable at times. Click here for a schedule of the best time to swim, or contact Anne to be placed on a email list for pool updates.
FRAY Penguins Swim Team
The FRAY Penguins Swim Team is for swimmers 4 to 21 years old who love the sport of swimming. The goal of our team is to provide every member an opportunity to improve swimming skills and achieve success at his or her level of ability, from novice to a national competitor. Our team competes in the St. Louis district along with 13 other teams.
FRAY Penguin Parent Meeting
A parent meeting and suit fitting will be held August 20 at 5:00-7:30 p.m. at the YMCA Parents and children can receive swim team information at this meeting.
Registration and Evaluations
All participants interested in registering for the FRAY Penguin Swim Team must have an evaluationn done. Participants must be evaluated on one of the dates and times below, or you may email Anne Schneider for an appointment. Registration will not be taken at the front desk.
Visit the FRAY Penguins Swim Team website for more information.