- Health & Wellness
- LIVESTRONG at the YMCA
Health & Wellness
If you are looking for a total body work out, aerobic conditioning or stretching, you’ve come to the right place! The Y offers many classes to enhance muscle strength, endurance and flexibility. Members may choose from Zumba, Indoor Cycling, TurboKick and more... and work into shape while having fun! A variety of classes in aerobics and exercise are available. For a copy of our current session group exercise class schedule, click here to be directed to our session brochure.
The YMCA supports healthy lifestyles by reaching out to and engaging all those who seek well-being of spirit, mind and body. We will create and sustain healthier lives by actively engaging our communities and connecting our networks, partners and resources to influence decisions that positively impact health and wellness.
Let us help you achieve your wellness goals. A complimentary fitness consultation is available and recommended for all members. Upload the consultation form here. To schedule an appointment with one of our trained staff members, contact Michelle Villmer.
Amy Dittman of the Kirkwood Family YMCA and Michelle Villmer from the Four Rivers Area Family YMCA demonstrate a few Piyo exercises on KSDK.View Channel 5 show here.
Y WEIGHT CHALLENGE
The Y Weight Challenge is a program designed for those who have at least 20-30 lbs to lose. Selected participants are placed on teams who then work with their trainer three times a week, also receiving nutritional guidance along the way. Weights and measurements are taken weekly so progress is tracked. Space IS limited for our January session! Pick up a packet at the branch today or click here to print your own packet at home. All paperwork must be turned in by so the selection process can begin. Get yours now!
WORK HARDER. Y PERSONAL TRAINING.
Take advantage of our personal trainer specials. Whether your goal is weight loss, adding lean tissue, or running a marathon, a trainer can help motivate you and create a plan to help you reach your wellness goals. For more information, please contact Michelle Villmer.
Fitness Center Rules and Procedures
We ask our members to follow these courtesies for the safety and enjoyment of all.
- Wear appropriate workout attire.
- Shirts and athletic shoes are required.
- No jeans, sandals or open heeled shoes. Wet, muddy or snow-covered shoes will damage equipment. Shorts and shirts should be appropriate length. Workout bras should be covered with a shirt.
- Sign up for cardio equipment at the fitness desk.
- Our staff is available to assist you.
- A maximum of 30 minutes per piece is allowed. Each time slot on the sign up sheet equals 15 minutes. For 30 minutes, you’ll write your name in two slots. Do not sign up for more than one piece of equipment at a time. There will be a 5-minute grace period from the time you sign up before the machine may be used by another member.
- When completing multiple sets, allow others to work in. Do not sit or rest on the equipment between sets.
- Use a towel to wipe perspiration from the equipment. Disinfecting wipes, located in the white buckets throughout the room, may be used to wipe equipment between use.
- Return weights, benches, mats and other equipment to its proper place. Do not drop weights as this causes damage to the suspended floor and equipment. Please use collar at all times in the free weight area.
- Store personal items in the locker room. The YMCA is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- No food or beverage allowed in the fitness center other than bottled water.
- Children under the age of 13 are not allowed in the fitness center at any time. Members between the ages of 13 and 15 must fully complete the two-part free-weight orientation before being allowed to freely use the free-weight area. Colored workout cards should be in their possession and followed while in the free weight area. Appropriate language and behavior is expected.
- The fitness center staff has the right to ask anyone to leave if their conduct, age or attire is not in compliance with YMCA policies and values.
FEATURED LAND-BASED GROUP EX. CLASSES
Visit our Schedules page to see what days and times these Group Exercise classes are offered!
HIP HOP HUSTLE
Dance aerobics with a very modern twist. Fun music and choreography in a party atmosphere.
Strength training with all the toys-balls, handweights, bands, bodybars.
This great new training is a funky fusion of kickboxing with awesome music and cool drills. It's a bonus to your workout routine.
Y INDOOR CYCLING
Simulated outdoor rides for endurance and aerobic training. Classes run most days of the week at various times.
PiYo is a strength workout with a blend of many disciplines: sports training, core conditioning, dance, stretch and athletic drills to help kick up the calorie burn and build muscle. The dynamic blend of movement increases strength, core stability and agility while providing an incredible workout experience.