Rates & Benefits
Want 100% off the Joining Fee and 50% off your first month's draft? Learn how...
Membership Types and Benefits
A Metro membership offers access to all 18 facility branches in the YMCA of Greater St. Louis association—you can visit the Y near your work and your home, and everywhere in between!
A Full membership offers access to the facility where you signed up as a member. This is different from the Marquette YMCA-Only Access Membership.
As a Full or Metro member of the Marquette YMCA (an adults-only facility), you’re entitled to the following benefits:
- Dual membership to the Downtown YMCA
- Unlimited access to the entire facility where you signed up as a member. Metro members receive unlimited access to all branches of the YMCA of Greater St. Louis.
- Free Health and Wellness Consultation with a YMCA wellness professional to help guide you in meeting your goals
- Free youth sports for full family members (at select branches)
- Free aquatic exercise classes
- Free basic land-based fitness classes
- Free program brochures mailed to your home
- Free towel service
- YPersonal Fitness —a 12-week, no-cost program to help you map out a fitness plan customized for your needs
- Free fitness orientation
- Free Family Fun Nights
- Free Branch Link Member Newsletter
- Free coffee
- Lowest class and program rates
- Early class and program registration
- Open gym time
- Open swim time
- Guest passes for family and friends
- Lowest rate for personal training
- Lowest rates at YMCA Trout Lodge & Camp Lakewood
- A.W.A.Y. privileges (Always Welcome At YMCAs) Use your YMCA card at more than 2,000 YMCAs nationwide. Guest fees and privileges may vary.
The YMCA accepts payments via a monthly draft from a credit card or checking or savings account. Members may also pay for one year up-front. Rates vary by location. The YMCA also offers financial assistance to those who qualify. Please refer to rate tables below for more details.
Adult: $40 Joining Fee for County Residents
Household: $80 Joining Fee for County Residents
City Residents pay only 50% of the joining fee!
Members pay the joining fee once at the time they join. This one-time payment funds equipment and building improvements.
Corporate Adult: NO Joining Fee
Corporate Household: NO Joining Fee
(Learn more about Corporate Wellness.)
*A household membership includes any two adults living at the same residence and any of their dependents as claimed on their taxes.
** A senior is considered age 62 and older.
Personal Pricing Membership
This mission of the YMCA is to put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all. The Strong Community Campaign allows the YMCA to be able to offer membership to everyone in the community regardless of their economic situation. The Downtown YMCA is able to offer subsidized membership rates from the support from community members given through the Strong Community Campaign.
To take advantage of our Strong Community-assisted rates, you must annually provide proof of total annual gross household income by one of the following:
- Most recent Federal Tax Return and W2s
- Government agency award letter
- IRS letter of statement of income or "no file" letter
How to Join
Come visit us to become a member. One of our service center associates will be happy to help you!