Health & Wellness
The Y has something for everyone including classes and programs for kids, teens and adults ... from fitness and exercise to leadership and literacy. Your Y is here for you, and financial assistance is available for those who qualify.
Click Here to register online now for group exercise programs and classes.
The YMCA supports healthy lifestyles by reaching out to and engaging all those who seek well-being of spirit, mind and body. We will create and sustain healthier lives by actively engaging our communities and connecting our networks, partners and resources to influence decisions that positively impact health and wellness.
DIABETES PREVENTION PROGRAM
Diabetes is a serious health condition that can lead to heart disease, stroke, kidney failure, high blood pressure, and blindness.
Prediabetes is a potentially reversible condition that often leads to diabetes, and 79 million people in the United States are estimated to have it.
If you have been diagnosed with prediabetes, or believe you may be at risk for developing the disease, the YMCA's Diabetes Prevention Program can help you develop a healthier lifestyle and work with you to reduce the risks this condition can pose to your health.
For more information about the program, click here.
LIVESTRONG at the YMCA
Group Personal Training class is designed for all fitness levels. This is a great way to experience the benefits of personal training and make friends in a group setting. The class includes a dynamic warm up, seven basic strength movements and a period of coached cardio with basic education on heart rate, nutrition and how to work out effectively. The goal of the class is to meet new people, get a great workout and most importantly, results.
Health and wellness consultation
So you have joined the Y...now what? Take advantage of our FREE Health and Wellness Consultation for members! Meet with our fitness staff to assess your goals and talk through how to achieve them. A complimentary fitness consultation is available and recommended for all members. To schedule an appointment with one of our trained staff members, contact the Y at 314-367-4646.
Y Personal Fitness (ages 16 and up)
Is this your first time considering an exercise routine? Or have you tried to exercise and just can't keep with it? Then Y Personal Fitness is designed just for you! Check out this 12-week program that pairs you with a personal coach to help you meet our goals. Hundreds of people have signed up just in the past year!
FREE to Full Members
Fitness Center Rules and Procedures
We ask our members to follow these courtesies for the safety and enjoyment of all.
- Wear appropriate workout attire.
- Shirts and athletic shoes are required.
- No jeans, sandals or open heeled shoes. Wet, muddy or snow-covered shoes will damage equipment. Shorts and shirts should be appropriate length. Workout bras should be covered with a shirt.
- Sign up for cardio equipment at the fitness desk.
- Our staff is available to assist you.
- When completing multiple sets, allow others to work in. Do not sit or rest on the equipment between sets.
- Use a towel to wipe perspiration from the equipment. Disinfecting wipes, located in the white buckets throughout the room, may be used to wipe equipment between use.
- Return weights, benches, mats and other equipment to its proper place. Do not drop weights as this causes damage to the suspended floor and equipment. Please use collar at all times in the free weight area.
- Store personal items in the locker room. The YMCA is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- No food or beverage allowed in the fitness center other than bottled water.
- Children under the age of 16 are not allowed in the fitness center at any time unless accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Appropriate language and behavior is expected.
- The fitness center staff has the right to ask anyone to leave if their conduct, age or attire is not in compliance with YMCA policies and values.