Support Y Literacy
Your financial donation helps to:
- Increase the reading scores of children by two grade levels.
- Give books to childen in low-income households.
- Prepare adults to pass their GED and enter the workforce.
- Support parents in gaining confidence in their parenting skills.
- Train new volunteer tutors and purchase materials to help our students learn, grow, and thrive.
Your donation will also help to support your community by:
- Reducing drop-out rates.
- Supporting school district success.
- Reducing crime.
- Improving health outcomes.
Express Scripts Provides Help in Math
Thanks to the continued generous support of Express Scripts, Y Literacy has been providing math help to youth since 2008. Express Scripts has contributed funding including a $25,000 donation for 2011-2012 to provide a Learning Lab at Cool Valley Elementary School and to enhance the curriculum in the Learning Labs at the Emerson Family YMCA, the Monsanto Family YMCA and the Carondelet Park Rec Complex to provide Y Math. So far in 2012, youth in this program have improved their math skills by 89%! Thanks Express Scripts for helping children not only learn math but learn to love math.
To create change in your community, click the button below to donate today!
We appreciate your support and your investment in Y Literacy and the community of St. Louis.
Other Ways to Help:
- Donating books to families in need.
- Holding a children's book drive for Beginning Babies with Books.
- Providing scholarships for parent workshops.
- Talking to others about the importance of the early stages of literacy and the impact low literacy has on our region.
- Working with a parent to help prepare them to read to their child.
- Playing learning games with early childhood aged children in our Learning through Play program.
Volunteers are a necessity in keeping Y Literacy Programs alive and in changing lives. To find out more about how you can support Y Literacy through volunteering, click the button below or call 314.776.7102.
To keep up-to-date on what's going on with Y Literacy and to hear about upcoming events, click below to like us on facebook: