Learning Lab Teaching Assistant
Branch: Metropolitan Office
Job Type: Volunteer (Program or office) Job Position
Category: Literacy Services
Purpose of Position:
This Learning Labs Teaching Assistant will assist the Learning Lab Program Leader in providing instruction to small groups of school-age students attending the literacy Learning Lab in the afternoon/evening at Cool Valley Elementary School or a YMCA branch Learning Lab.
Education: Must have a GED, high school diploma or be a current student in good standing in secondary school with strong performance in reading and math.
Experience: Must be at least 16 years-old. Must possess strong oral and written communication skills. Must have strong organizational skills. Must be able to comfortably work with diverse groups of students including implementing accommodations for students with disabilities.
Essential Functions of the Job
- PreninPropresent ImImplementI CClearly present reading or math lessons to small groups or individual students.
- Analyze student learning.
- Adjust lessons to student needs.
- Organize records and paperwork.
- Discuss student progress with parents and students.
- Help create a positive atmosphere for learning.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement reading or math lessons.
- Assist students using educational software.
- Observe students and adapt lessons to individual learning needs.
- Submit tutoring hours and other record keeping in a timely manner.
- Explain and provide information about all three YMCA literacy programs.
- Attend required trainings and professional development activities.
Contact Name: Lucia Luan
Contact Phone: 314-776-7102
Submit Resume and Cover Letter:
Deadline: Dec 31, 2014
- By email
- You can attach your resume and cover letter
- By Regular Mail
- 2635 Gravois Ave.
- St. Louis, MO 63118
- By Fax
- The YMCA Welcomes a Diverse Workforce
- Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
- Must Pass Criminal History Background Check
- Must Pass E-Verify Check
Internal candidates must submit Internal Job Posting Application with resume (see HR section of intranet for form).