How to Become a Member
It's Better Together
Just like our favorite pairings (peas & carrots, milk & cookies, peanut & jelly...), workouts go better TOGETHER with someone you know! Refer family or friends to join the Y and you both get a month of membership FREE. Plus, it’s more fun and you keep each other motivated! And, don’t stop with just one referral – the more people you refer, the more you save -- up to SIX MONTHS FREE!
Here’s how it works:
1. As a current Y member, you invite a friend to join by giving him or her a referral form.
2. Your friend brings the referral form when he or she joins.
3. If your friend joins, both of you receives a free month of membership! (See full rules here.)
At the Y, you’re a member of something special: the nation’s leading nonprofit dedicated to youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. We appreciate your continued support of the Y.
Membership Has Its Advantages
Because the Y is for everyone, we bring together parents and kids like no other organization. From family camps to game nights, the Y provides endless opportunities for families to spend quality time together.
With the Y, you're not just a member of a facility, you're part of a cause. With a shared commitment to nurturing the potential of kids, improving health and well-being, and giving back and supporting our neighbors, your membership gives you and your community the opportunity to earn, grow and thrive.
We realize your schedule is hectic, so save time by pre-registering for membership online. Complete our online membership form, print the form and bring it to you local Y branch to complete the membership process.
Membership pricing at The Jefferson County Family YMCA
|Monthly Fee||Joining Fee|
Seniors ad single parent households save 10% on membership fees. A household membership includes 2 adults and claimed dependants liviing at the same residence.
Prices shown do not include membership promotions that may be available, and they do not include the joining fee. The Y offers special pricing for other membership types not listed herer, including for individuals who work for companies with partnership arrangements. The Y also offers financial assistance to those who qualify. Please visit the Y or call 636-931-9622 for details on specific pricing and other membership types.
The Y accepts payments through a monthly draft from a credit card, or cehcking or savings account. Members may also pay for one year up-front.
When you join the Y you belong to a place where:
- Families come together to have fun and spend quality time with each other.
- Children and teens play, learn who they are and what they can achieve, and are accepted with open arms.
- Adults connect with friends, pursue interests and learn how to live healthier.
- Parents find a safe, positive environment for children to learn good values, social skills and behaviors.
Want to Try the Y?
Print our guest pass and present it at the front desk of any branch of the YMCA of Greater St. Louis. You will be given access to the facility for a day at no charge. After your visit, we’re sure you’ll want to join as a member!
Belonging to the YMCA will strengthen much more than your body. As you exercise and relieve stress your spirit will soar. The time you spend with your family at the Y will create bonds to last a lifetime. And when you build relationships with your neighbors through YMCA programs and events, the entire community benefits.
Not a member yet? Download our membership application, fill it out and bring it to your branch of the YMCA of Greater St. Louis.
No one is turned away from the YMCA of Greater St. Louis because of an inability to pay. Financial scholarships are available at all branches thanks to the generous support of those who give to our annual YMCA Strong Community Campaign. Applications for assistance are available at any branch service center or by clicking here.
A Metro membership offers access to all 20 branches in the YMCA of Greater St. Louis association—you can visit the Y near your work and your home, and everywhere in between!
A Full membership offers access to the facility where you signed up as a member.
As a full or Metro member of any of our branches, you’re entitled to the following benefits:
- *Unlimited access to the entire facility where you signed up as a member. Metro members receive unlimited access to all branches of the YMCA of Greater St. Louis.
- YPersonal Fitness —a 12-week program to help you map out a fitness plan customized for your needs
- Lowest class and program rates
- Free program brochures mailed to your home
- Free towel service (if available)
- Free mini fitness assessments within 30 days of joining
- Free fitness orientation
- Free Child Watch service (with household membership -if available)
- Free Family Fun Nights (if available)
- Free Branch Link Member Newsletter
- Early class and program registration
- Open gym time
- Open swim time
- Guest passes for friends and family
- Lowest rates for personal training
- Members enjoy the lowest rates at the YMCA Trout Lodge & Camp Lakewood
- A.W.A.Y. privileges (Always Welcome At YMCAs) Use your YMCA card at more than 2,000 YMCAs nationwide. Guest fees and privileges may vary.
Select from the drop down menu on the left to find the branch nearest you and learn about specific benefits and rates.
Hundreds of companies in the St. Louis metropolitan area have partnered with the YMCA in improving the health and overall quality of like for their employees. Local YMCA work with companies within their communities to determine the needs of employees, and their families. Together, we are strengthening our communities.
Click here to learn more about the YMCA Corporate Wellness program.
For more information regarding these partnerships, or to get your company involved, contact us.
Sexual Offender Background Check Policy
The mission of the YMCA of Greater St. Louis is to help build strong kids, families and communities. Important to this effort is our ability to provide a safe and threat free environment. For this reason the YMCA monitors the sexual offender registry. Persons on the list will not be eligible for YMCA membership, program participation, volunteer or employment opportunities at the YMCA of Greater St. Louis Association.