Volunteer for the 35th Annual YMCA Bookfair!
Volunteers are awlays needed!
August 16 - August 21, 2013
Kennedy Recreation Center
6050 Wells Road, St. Louis, MO, 63128
Near Meramec Bottom Road & I-55,
10 miles south of Historic Carondelet YMCA building.
How to become a Bookfair Volunteer
The YMCA Bookfair was started by Y volunteers and remains one of our biggest volunteer service events every year! It is an event that you have to see to believe. It takes some 400 volunteers and nearly 8,000 volunteer hours to pull off one of our region's most notable bookfairs - the annual YMCA Bookfair.
If you would like to volunteer for this great event, please contact email@example.com, Debbie Redmond at firstname.lastname@example.org or Maribeth Mees at 314.685.3800 ext. 216.
What can you do?
- Book pricing sorting March 15 through August 1 at the Historic Carondelet YMCA at 600 Loughborough (See volunteer Pricing and Sorting Hours below)
- Book collections and delivery from local YMCA barrels near you
- Bookfair set-up and take down August 13 - August 22 at the Kennedy Recreation Center
- Marketing and promotion, March 1 through August 23
- Table organization August 16-21
Greeters, checkout and cashiers August 16-21
Group Volunteer Inquiries
We do have work for groups but all inquiries must be arrpoved in advance by the volunteer committee. Service groups are best utilized during the set up, the Bookfair itself, and tear down in August. Groups of 10 or less may volunteer earlier in the year at our Pricing and Sorting location. All youth groups must be supervised by an adult at all times. Please contact email@example.com, Debbie Redmond at firstname.lastname@example.org to see if the YMCA Bookfair is a great fit for your Service Group!
Volunteer Pricing and Sorting Hours
We are currently Pricing and Sorting at the Historic Carondelet YMCA at 600 Loughbourough.
We need volunteers! Please contact Debbie Redmond at email@example.com for more information. If you arrive to volunteer, please let a current volunteer know, fill out a Volunteer form and we will pair you with a trainer to learn the Bookfair ropes!
- Tuesday & Thursday evenings from 5:30pm - 9:00pm
- Wednesday & Friday mornings 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Saturdays from 10:00 am – 2:00 pm - TO BE ANNOUNCED
Closed April 6th - April 8th in observance of Easter Holiday
Closed May 26th - May 28th in observance of Memorial Day Holiday
Closed July 3- 4th in observance of 4th of July Holiday
First Selection Night
Friday, August 16
4:00 pm - 10:00pm
• 5:00 am- Park opens. Before 5am, park is patrolled by St. Louis County Police.
• 8:00 am - Ticket Sales begin at the Kennedy Recreation Complex (facility will open for use of restrooms).
Tickets are sold throughout the day until close.
• 4:00 pm- Doors open for $10 Preview Night. You will enter based on your numbered ticket.
Answers to FAQs:
- We charge $10 admission on Preview Night for adults (12 and under are free).
- The tickets are numbered and represent your place in line for the 4:00 pm opening.
- A person can buy 4 tickets at a time.
- You do not need to stay in line after you purchase a ticket.
- You can return to the KRC before 4:00 pm to find your numbered place in line.
- NO overnight camping in the park. Park is patroled by St. Louis County Police.
- You can check-out multiple times.
- Y volunteers are not responsbile for your belongings or books you plan to purchase.
- No scanning allowed in stadium seating/bleachers.
- Please be respectful of walkways and keep them clear.
Saturday, August 17 - Wednesday, August 21
9:00 am - 9:00 pm
Half Price Day
Tuesday, August 20
9:00 am - 9:00 pm
$10 a Box Day
Wednesday, August 21
9:00 am -9:00 pm