A healthy employee is a productive employee.
Employers in St. Louis and across the United States have long known that the cost of employing unhealthy workers is high. With rising health insurance rates and the push to do more with less, the health of workers is becoming a pivotal piece in any company’s productivity. Consider these statistics from the National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention:
- 31% of adults in St. Louis city are overweight
- 32% in St. Louis county
- 11% of adults in St. Louis city have been diagnosed with diabetes
- 7% in St. Louis county
- 70% of health care costs are for preventable lifestyle diseases
- 50% of American adults are not physically active—putting them at higher risk of heart disease, high blood pressure, high cholesterol and diabetes
When your company becomes a YMCA Corporate Partner,
you give your employees access to the healthy lifestyle programs and information we’ve developed during 150+ years of working in the Greater St. Louis community. The goal of the YMCA Corporate Partners program is to actively work with companies to improve the health and overall quality of life of their employees and the community. Participating in YMCA membership and programs increases employee morale and productivity, while decreasing absenteeism and health care costs.
The YMCA wants to partner with your company to promote healthy lifestyles for your employees and their families. The best way for us to serve you is to meet with you and understand your goals and company culture. From there, we will craft a personalized plan that can include some or all of the following:
- On-Site Classes
- On-Site Class/Membership Registration
- Health Fairs, Screenings
- Fitness Evaluations
- Workplace Literacy
- Corporate Team Building
- Company Events at the Y
- YMCA Experts in fitness, child care, literacy, sports, swimming
Ready to become a YMCA corporate partner? The rest is easy.
The YMCA has one of the largest network of providers in St. Louis with 18 facilities conveniently located throughout the Greater St. Louis area.