Youth in Government
Missouri YMCA Youth In Government prepares students for responsible leadership in the American democratic process by providing guidance, training and experience in the theory and practice of determining public policy.
Missouri YMCA Youth In Government is designed to:
- Motivate young people into citizenship responsibilities. ·
- Provide opportunities for understanding state agencies and their functions. ·
- Expand awareness and knowledge of state problems. ·
- Increase the ability of young people to organize and express ideas clearly and persuasively.
- Stimulate tolerance and understanding of other points of view. ·
- Give young people an opportunity to express their concerns on state issues to governmental officials in a responsible and constructive way.